Week in Review 6-19-09

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

WigglesMom

Week in Review 6-19-09

Post by WigglesMom » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 am

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

WigglesMom

Re: Week in Review 6-19-09

Post by WigglesMom » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:34 am

Our schooling is smooth sailing since starting the "schedule". I am glad b/c I was beginning to doubt I could do it with all the kids.
Here is our week in LHTH
Unit 5
Here Wiggles is painting his coffee filter rainbow stripes. We are learning about Joseph and his coat of many colors.
Here is Tadpole helping Wiggles with his B project. He especially liked painting the glue with a q-tip. He absolutely loved sprinkling the sprinkles on top too.
Here is the finished B page.
We are now doing LHTH daily instead of M,W,F and the girls are taking turns helping me to teach Wiggles.

LHFHG
Unit 5
I absolutely love this picture of Bubba learning about clouds and rain! He has such a great smile in it.
Tadpole learning about clouds
Making our quails.

BHFHG
Big Sis testing "beaks" (tweezers, clothespin, and pliers) in our beach (cornmeal and oatmeal)
Working on our fish painting with wax paper.

All in all, we had a great week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Val
Last edited by WigglesMom on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Well done Val.It looks like you had a great week,I remember making the quails in LHFHG :D Wiggleworm's B looks great.I have mu suspisions that Stanleys will be well and truly outside the lines,when we start LHTH.I think its lovely that his sisters are helping him.Tadpole looks very proud of wiggleworm .Bubba looks so happy and relaxed in the picture of teh clouds and rain.Big sis looks very studious in her picture.
well done .Im glad you have enjoyed your week.
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Spidermansmum! Trust me Wiggles glue on the B was guided some what. He is a lot better than when we started and I am sure by the time we make it through the guide once that he will be doing it without guidance. I was so happy that Bubba looked like he enjoyed school in that picture. I am going to treasure it forever. Can't wait for you to start LHTH and both of us be doing it at the same time with the boys.
Val

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:52 am

I cant wait to start LHTH ...Im just going to get some more supplies- masking tape and black tempera paint and then I can start
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:52 am

Val,

It looks like you had a terrific week. Your pictures are absolutely darling! :D I'm so glad that you've found a schedule that is working for you, and you are enjoying your journey. :D

It always takes me about a month to truly settle in to our routine too. Lots of training goes on that first month that pays off in a big way the rest of the year. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie