Week In Review 6- 12-09

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

spidermansmum

Week In Review 6- 12-09

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:51 am

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

spidermansmum

Re: Week In Review 6- 12-09

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:02 am

Sadly this is my last check in on week in review for a little while- I think.I might give in to the temptation to start LHTH with Stanley soon :wink:
So we completed LHFHG- this week was week 34.
This weeks highlights
The picture Nathan did of Jesus waiting in heaven for him
Im not sure if I am happy with his current career plans but....
learnt about the lifecycle of a butterfly
We have caterpillars arrive next tuesday - so we are going to do some more 'work' on this :D
and todays science /art activity
blog posts
http://stanleysmagicgarden.blogspot.com ... 6/abc.html
http://stanleysmagicgarden.blogspot.com ... ummer.html

Finally thankyou to all who are responding and encouraging in week in review.Its been great to have a little accountability and some where to share the things we have been doing .I am looking forward to sharing Beyond and LHTH with you all
Sam
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:32 pm

We had a trying week, but I think the turning point is around the corner. I finally think I have a good schedule for me and the kids worked out. I spent way too long trying to figure it out.
Here are some pictures of our week and our successes.
LHTH
Here he is gluing macaroni onto his Dd paper.
Here Big Sis is showing him how to write Dd in cornmeal after practicing on our sandpaper letters
Here he is trying by himself.
LHFHG
We made egyptian collars
Big Sis got in on the fun
Big Sis finding out what makes waves
Big Sis's globe beside our real globe.
If you want to see the rest of our week,check out our blogs
http://wigglewormsfirstschool.blogspot. ... nit-4.html
http://ourtidbitsoflearning.blogspot.co ... eek-2.html

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:21 am

spidermansmum,

I can't believe you and your little honey are almost done with LHFHG! Where does the time go? I have so enjoyed reading about your joys and your little guy's forward motion! He has made great gains this year. :D I agree that it helps so much to have accountability with other like-minded homeschool moms. It's such an encouragement to share with others along the way. :D

I know how you feel about wanting to start LHTH with Stanley. I'm excited to start LHTH with my little Beau too! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 am

WigglesMom,

I'm so glad that you are working through finding the best schedule for your little sweeties.It does take some time to settle in as you're moving from the formal school setting to homeschooling. Plus, summer is a tough time to begin your homeschool journey, as your kiddos are most likely weary from the school year that they just finished in the regular school setting. :wink: So, I want to encourage you to give you and your kiddos time to ease into homeschooling. You may wish to take a summer break for a bit to rest and recuperate. Or, if you do continue on through the summer, I would encourage you to consider going half-speed with your HOD guides to give your kiddos a less rigorous school schedule for summer. Only you can know best, but time to "deschool" is so helpful. :D

Your pics of your kiddos are so precious. :D I enjoyed your daughter's sweet smile and her balloon labeled with the continents. Your little guy is just precious as well. He looks like he is concentrating to do his best! It looks like you are doing a terrific job. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Sam,
Congratulations on finishing LHFHG!! :D I know that I never posted the end of our year. :oops: Outside work just got to be too busy right at the time we finished for the year. I'm just now reading the last month of week-in-reviews. :roll: I loved how your Bible verse went with your new bunk beds. How fun!! :D

Val,
You're doing a GREAT job getting your kids going! (They are just adorable by the way. :wink: ) I was actually wondering if there was a way I could read your schedule. I clicked on it but it didn't get any bigger. I need some schedule inspiration as I think about our schedule come August. :D

Thanks for sharing your weeks!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH