Week In Review 6- 5 -09

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

spidermansmum

Week In Review 6- 5 -09

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 am

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

spidermansmum

Re: Week In Review 6- 5 -09

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:43 am

Its been an exhausting week.Nathan and Stanley transferred to their new big boy beds- bunk beds.We figured that this would be a hard transition.It was.
Its also been a fun week.The new bunk beds have been part of out school week.We used the bed to be the USS Constitution on Wednesday and flew to Mount Rushmore.I love the way this worked out.The bible verse we are learning this week is .
I will lie down and sleep in peace- for you alone Oh Lord make me dwell in safety
Okay here are some pictures of our week
The liberty Bell -making a pendulum

The Statue of Liberty

The Flag of Texas

Mount Rushmore

Blogs for this week include
http://stanleysmagicgarden.blogspot.com ... /vote.html
http://stanleysmagicgarden.blogspot.com ... inues.html

I cant believe we only have one week left of LHFHG
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Bubba and Tadpole bouncing a ball while learning their Bible verse.
Tadpole wrote the verse from memory.
We did a science experiment where we put spices on cotton balls and the children had to smell them and match them up with the spice.
Big Sis working on copy work
Big Sis is studying Columbus and his voyage and we made a painting of the sea this week.
I took a lot of pictures this week. If you want to see more of what we did...here is a link to my blog...
http://ourtidbitsoflearning.blogspot.co ... -week.html
I'll have to post about Wiggles week later. I haven't uploaded his pictures yet.
Val

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Wiggles update from LHTH (finally)
I have had major computer issues this week. I am finally getting Wiggles pictures and blog updated!
I was horrible with the camera this week. This is Wiggles jumping to "Rachel" (hop on pop stuffed bear). What you can't see is the masking tape, the different jumps we compared, and Rachel. I don't know what happened with my picture taking ability here.
Here is Wiggles reading his Children's Bible. He has started wanting to hold it and read it every day after we are done. He tells me stories from the pictures we have done or he makes all the pictures about the story we are learning this week.
Here is Wiggles working on one of his papers and having snack while watching Word World. I honestly don't know what he was working on exactly but I know it was HOD and I think it was camoflouging his name.
We have slowed down a lot now that I have started schooling the bigger kids this summer. I am trying to work back up to M,W,F with LHTH with him. Right now we get about 2 days in a week and it is any day that I get around to it. I am going to get back on track soon.
The rest of the week...
http://wigglewormsfirstschool.blogspot. ... rning.html
Val