Week in Review - April 17-21

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

my3sons

Week in Review - April 17-21

Post by my3sons » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Ok Ladies,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Re: Week in Review - April 17-21

Post by my3sons » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Preparing Hearts for His Glory:
Emmett has been learning about the French Revolution and Napoleon. The storming of the Bastille, the forced shutting of doors of churches and Sunday worship, the guillotine, and the Reign of Terror show the dark times of this part of history. Emmett loved reading about Napoleon as a young general crossing the Alps into Italy and conquering as he went. As usual, "Child's History of the World" had such a narrative way of describing this time of history. Emmett researched the tricolor flag and made one for his history project. He also answered specific discussion questions after our readings. I like that the levels of Bloom's taxonomy are labeled behind each question, and I also like that I see the upper levels of discussion questions represented - like synthesis, analysis, evaluation, and application. For Independent History Emmett began reading "Mozart the Wonder Boy", which he is thoroughly enjoying! He also did some copy work within his Common Place Book...
Image Image

In science, Emmett began reading about Albert Einstein...

In math, Emmett is converting seconds to minutes to hours... and days to months to years...
Image Image Image

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:17 pm

United States II High School:
Here are some of our photos from this busy week of homeschooling and book conventions prep! I've been battling a reaction to some medication I'm taking - swollen face, leg cramps, retaining water, extreme fatigue, headaches - yikes - I was a mess! Anyway, God is so good to have pointed it out to me when I noticed my face looked swollen in a picture my son snapped of Rich and I for our 22nd wedding anniversary. I literally have zero pictures of me typically, as I'm the chief picture-taker, so this was a blessing as it was then that I began to notice my face looked abnormal! We were on the way to the Cincinnati Book Fair when I REALLY noticed, and I promptly got off the medication - took a little time for the swelling to go down though. My mom came and helped out with the boys' homeschooling while I was gone, so I am so thankful to her! Here are some photos from that week...
Image Image Image

Economics...
ImageImage

Money-Wise DVD notes and answers from viewing session...

Science...
Image Image

Finance...

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:51 pm

Missions to Modern Marvels:
Riley has really hit his groove in MTMM! He is finishing everything on time, and he is enjoying it! I don't have to remind him to do things, though I do always check his work each day with him. We have several meeting times together, and this has been a super way for us to go through what he has worked on, as well as for me to teach what I need to teach. We look forward to these times together, and yet he enjoys his time on his own working independently uninterrupted...
Image Image Image Image

Nature Journal...

In Evolution: The Grand Experiment...
Image Image

Faith at Work Bible Study:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie