Week In Review 8-1-08

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

MamaMary

Week In Review 8-1-08

Post by MamaMary » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement! [/size]

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

MamaMary

Re: Week In Review 8-1-08

Post by MamaMary » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 am

We had a wonderful week as we finished up Unit 7 in BEYOND!

I blogged about it in my Week In Review: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/567983/

We left off with the Pilgrims becoming disenchanted with the Holland lifestyle. They find their children forgetting the language and starting to desire to dress more and more like the Hollanders. This is a part of history I don't ever remember studying. I have truly enjoyed it!

We also studied Psalm 119: 9-11

9 How can a young person stay pure?
By obeying your word.
10 I have tried hard to find you—
don’t let me wander from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.

This brought up wonderful conversations! We read it aloud everyday and then talked about it. To see our pictures check out the blog link above :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 pm

This week was a lot of fun for us. For one thing Logan finally joined in with us on a lot of what we did. It was neat to see his eyes light up. I had a joy teaching Emma as I didn't have day care kids in the mornings at all this week so we could more easily focus on school without the interruptions. We covered letter F and did many fun activities such as covering the masking tape F in play food, painting the letter and taping crayons together to write them. She also added another page to her number book, page 7. We cut out shoes and talked about when God spoke to Moses from the burning bush, Moses had to take his shoes off because the ground was holy. It was a good time to talk to her about God's holiness. Today was so much fun though because Emma and Logan got to do some water play and then I put red food coloring in the water to represent how Pharoah's refusal to listen to God led to the water turning to blood. Emma's response when I turned our water to "blood" was quite hilarious!! Notice Logan could care less...he just wanted to make a BIG WET MESS! She also loved the art craft where she "hid" baby moses in the reeds in the water.

Carrie thanks for such a great program. We are all loving it to pieces.

Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:39 pm

Hey Mary! I loved looking at your pics. Aren't girlfriends the best? I think on the 8th day God created girlfriends because he knew how much we'd need them! I always enjoy your blog... :-)
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:54 pm

Oh Jessi,

I LOVED your pictures! I cracked up at the baby wanting to just make a mess! In HIS life that's what it's all about! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:37 pm

Mary and Jessi,

What fun shares! I loved looking at your pictures. :D You ladies are so creative with keeping photo-memories of your kiddos. I could certainly do better in that area! :wink:

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:51 pm

You ladies are making me want to take more pictures! What fun everyone had this week!

This week we finished up Unit 10. The kids loved playing the game where they were Queen Esther. C actually followed the rules and had a blast. D spun up and down the hall, and he had a blast too! :lol: I think C's favorite part every week is the Rhymes in Motion. She loves those!! We also enjoyed reading some extra books about Daniel and Esther. Oh, but for whatever reason, C's absolute favorite part was reading about Alexander the Great. We got a couple of extra books about him, one which went into quite a bit of depth about war (and I edited that one rather heavily, we mostly just looked at it) but it had funny pictures (war and funny pictures, go figure) and I guess that's why she liked it. But ever since then, whenever we see shadows, she says "Oh.... Bucephalus (sp?) wouldn't like those....!" I love HOD! I never would've imagined my 4 year old knowing about Alexander the Great, much less the name of his horse! :lol:
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:09 pm

I loved reading about everyone's weeks and looking at your pictures. We have family in this week so we took a break from school but can't wait to get back into it on Monday!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

skillet04

Post by skillet04 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:22 pm

I enjoy reading everyone's week because it's like I'm participating.

I forgot to take a picture of "dike" day but DS and his friend's dike wouldn't even keep the water from getting our monopoly houses the first time I poured some in and then our playdough was too soggy to continue using ... oh well it was still a fun and messy time!

here's the rest of our week http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/noahsmom/568829/
Swylv :cry:
Praying for another child since june 2002 -- you'd cry too, even DS cries to be a big brother.
DS 07/2001 -- BLHFHG for the 08-09 year
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/noahsmom

busybee4

Post by busybee4 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:40 am

Okay so I'm not as good as you all are in being so detailed and wonderful with the camera but I'm hoping to learn!!! :D We enjoyed this week alot!!! We just finished up Unit 4 and we have ALL learned a lot, laughed even more and have just plain enjoyed being together!!! You can check us out on our blog http://www.rubyslippersschool.blogspot.com

And thank you Carrie for all of your hard work on this program!! I'm loving it and so are the kiddos!!! Could I ask for anything more?! Don't think so!! :P

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:03 pm

We are a bit late in posting this, but we had a super fun week! :D :D We just finished week 3. For more details, you can check out my blog at www.picketfence03.blogspot.com
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:17 am

We had a slow week since MIL was in town. Although being a school teacher for many years, she was excited to be able to help out. So she did the math and handwriting pages with Katie. Last week's highlight was learning about Namaan dipping in the Jordan river 7 times. The kids loved dipping their "sores" in the sink! And then I got to mop the kitchen floor! But all in all, they had fun. It's so fun that Andy gets to join his big sister for some of the projects even though he's only 2.
Here are 2 pictures from our week:
http://www.geocities.com/nathanlacey2002/school
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:12 pm

Oh ladies,

What wonderful weeks you've had! I so enjoyed reading through your descriptions and blogs! :D It makes me realize how humbled I need to be that wondeful, Christ-like mothers such as yourselves have chosen Heart of Dakota to use with your precious children.

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie