Week in Review: February 8-12, 2016

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

wonderfilled

Week in Review: February 8-12, 2016

Post by wonderfilled » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Enjoying Heart of Dakota for our fifth year using:
Ds15- World History
Ds13-MtM
Ds11- RtR
Ds7- Bigger Hearts
http://wonderfilleddays.com

wonderfilled

Re: Week in Review: February 8-12, 2016

Post by wonderfilled » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Here's our week with Bigger. I've been really pleased with the progress my son has made this year, especially with handwriting and being able to write longer sections at a time. I used to do a lot of the writing for him at the beginning of the year and he's come so far. :D
http://wonderfilleddays.com/bigger-hear ... y-unit-21/
Enjoying Heart of Dakota for our fifth year using:
Ds15- World History
Ds13-MtM
Ds11- RtR
Ds7- Bigger Hearts
http://wonderfilleddays.com

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Revival to Revolution:

Anytime Riley can use a compass or protractor, he is excited! I think it appeals to his mechanical side. I can foresee this child of mine loving high school geometry more than high school algebra.

In “The Exciting World of Creative Writing” Riley wrote about our trip to Yellowstone Park. He is learning to use his senses to appeal to his readers, and this is his prereading and writing…

Here is the latest addition to Riley’s Music Appreciation…
Image Image

Here is Riley’s latest letter he wrote for his R & S English assignment…

Here is Riley’s mola for his latest history project…

In Christ,
Julie Grosz
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:17 am

Bigger Hearts for His Glory:
This was a very special week that had a wonderful gift that came unexpectedly because of bad winter weather! My mom stayed a day later than expected at our house, and she offered to help with school. What a blessing! We loved having her! She hopped right in and taught Emmett his Bigger Hearts for His Glory lessons. My mom taught first grade for many, many years (around 20, I believe). She is so good with children! Emmett cuddled right in with her on the couch for his "Pioneer Sampler" reading for science...

For history, Nana and Emmett read about the North and the South. They did a neat note booking page together about the flags, and then Emmett chose a state to do a note booking assignment with too...

Dictation and grammar - anything language arts really - has always been such a strength of my mom's. She was impressed by all Emmett is learning in R & S English. She also couldn't believe he was doing so well in dictation! He has improved much since the last time she helped with school, maybe a year ago or so. It is good to remind myself of all of the gains within a year that happen! It is easy to lose focus of them in the day to day...

In DITHOR, for the final project for historical fiction, the boys had fun taking a real historical battle (Marion's Tower) and pretending they were actually in the battle, adding their own 'story' to it...
Image Image Image Image

What fun!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie