weeks 6/23/08-7/4/08

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:43 pm

No school news here, since we've finished our year. We won't be starting back up this summer...it'll be more like late August, early September. We're waiting to find out whether we'll be staying here or moving...so that will impact our start date...I'll adjust according to our move date, if we have one. We're so looking forward to our new year, though, as we'll be starting in Bigger... I've been looking over the TM again, and trying to gather books for DITHOR and storytime. I just need to get the house more organized...then I think, "Why, just so we can move?" I know, I know! :oops: :roll: Anyway, I really enjoy reading these each week, even though we're on a break right now. :) Thanks for sharing.

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:30 am

Holyhart and Mary,

I love your pictures!!! I didn't have any pics from last week because my handsome hubby took the camera and drained the batteries. LOL Men!!!!! But we had a good week. Emma really loves all the dramatic play in LHTH. We are beginning Week 4 and it is a review week. I am looking forward to all the new things we'll be doing.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:26 pm

I absolutely love the name of your blog! It's so easy to rush, rush, rush through our days and forget that our kids need time for relaxation and reflection too. It should be a great reminder for you each time you log on to post. I plan to read through your top-ten, and print off a list of my own! :wink:

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:34 pm

We had a fabulous first week using little hearts
I think the best part of the curriculum is that its in short stints.My energetic five year old is really loving the activities.I have some pics-but Im a bit embarrased about the general toy clutter that seems inevitable living with five kids.We built a tent to do the light experiment-he has a wind up torch and he loved it-
Here he is placing the sun and planets in the solar system puzzle.We were blessed to find this in a charity store second hand but complete
and here is how he sorted the land and sea animals
and finally here he is walking the numbers
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:27 pm

InHisTiming- Thank you so much for your kind words. If you come up with a "Top Ten Mudpuddle Moments" please let me know. I'd love to read your list. :D
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:01 am

Ok, I'm finally getting around to writing a little something.
We are finishing LHFHG unit 7 and moving on to unti 8 this week. We have been enjoying the projects so far. This week, Katie enjoyed the story of Ruth since she got to eat a granola bar to represent the oats and barley for the science portion. Her handwriting is improving so much using ARFH and her reading is speeding along! She is doing well with place value in math, but we found a learning gap she can recognize all numbers to 100 with the exception of 12-19. So that's our focus for this week.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

April

Post by April » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:40 pm

We started LHFHG last week and finished the first unit this week. My daughter loved it. Today she didn't want to stop the history or the Reddy fox story. She has been getting so much out of the devotionals and asking me really good questions. She wanted to know how God could be alive if he was never born.

spidermansmum, I loved the way your son separated his animals for the land and water. I think I might go back and do that with my daughter.
mom to three
G 7/03, Z 1/04, A 7/05

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:41 pm

I love reading everyone's updates! We are finally done with all the craziness of vacation and will be restarting LHTH on Tuesday, 7/15. DH works a 4 day week and has Mondays off that is Samuel and Daddy's day to do something together. But I can't wait to get started again!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!