Week in Review: Sept 16-20, 2013

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

MelInKansas

Week in Review: Sept 16-20, 2013

Post by MelInKansas » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:36 pm

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

MelInKansas

Re: Week in Review: Sept 16-20, 2013

Post by MelInKansas » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:03 pm

This week was a fun and eventful one in our family.

For one, the weather finally cooled off and we had some rain. I am so thankful for that! Now we can enjoy being an outdoor family, at least for a few months.

Second, I felt like the hand of God was on us pouring out amazing blessings. I have never before felt that homeschooling went so smoothly or that my children were so happy and were learning and growing, and listening, and being kind to one another! I have tried to simplify in other areas of my life so I can focus on the important things... we don't eat quite as fancy of meals as we used to for example though I still do my best and use my freezer whenever possible to prep lots of food and have it ready to be prepared for dinner.

Anyway. We worked on Unit 28 of Bigger, Unit 3 of Beyond, and Unit 15 of LHTH. My youngest is learning body parts. He loves naming them and pointing to them, though he still needs to be reminded what they are but he's just getting started.

We are reading "The Wright Brothers and their Sister" for history in Bigger. What a wonderful book! My DD is captivated by the stories and would love to read (or have read to her) more each day from that book. She was even happy about doing the notebooking at the end of the week, usually she doesn't want to do that, but she has been so excited about learning about the Wright Brothers. Also my oldest has been reading "Stories of the Pilgrims" (which is the history book I am reading for Beyond to my 6YO) in her free time and she seems to be enjoying that a lot too.

Here is a picture of my 2nd born doing one of her math activities. Pepperonis on a pizza.
O and pepperoni
O and pepperoni
IMG_2073_small.JPG (36.4 KiB) Viewed 6425 times
Here is my 3rd born doing glittery letters. She reviewed letters this week and she is doing great! I am so impressed that she remembers them all. The Bible stories this week were about Solomon. One day she was supposed to talk about opposites and that worshipping idols is the opposite of what Solomon was supposed to do. She really seemed to get that.
G painting on her review letters
G painting on her review letters
IMG_2070_small.JPG (44.64 KiB) Viewed 6425 times
Here is my youngest playing in the rain. He enjoyed it thoroughly. Now that the weather is nicer, he goes outside and earns a bath nearly every day.
J outside in the rain
J outside in the rain
IMG_2079_small.JPG (49.4 KiB) Viewed 6425 times
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

waterandclay

Post by waterandclay » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:31 pm

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:28 pm

We were off of HOD for one more week. Thankfully I know why I've been so tired and struggling to get through our work! All three of my girls asked, "When do we get to do our school like normal?" :) Next week!

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspo ... 16-20.html
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

TrueGRIT

Post by TrueGRIT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:24 pm

This week . . .
In LHTH my dd4 did Unit 16 - 17 day 2, and her favorite thing was pouring the "oil" into "jars". We enjoyed learning about Elijah, Elisha, Namaan, King Josiah, etc.
Her favorite letter was the letter "N". She can pick out both upper and lower case very well on any page.

In LHFHG we did Unit 26. He really enjoyed learning more about George Washington. He also enjoyed the story about Cynthia and Free 'n' Equal. Trying to milk . . . now that was a sight! :D He finished a R&S workbook for fine motor skills.

My oldest completed Unit 3 in Preparing. We are doing it 5 days a week and taking it slow, but steady. He really enjoyed the cave art. And he loves Life in the Great Ice Age! He is moving steadily through math and other things as well. As much as he loves science, it it more challenging for him in this guide. He still likes doing the notebooking page, but the questions really trip him up. Despite that and his cursive he is loving his start with Preparing.
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

kkc83

Post by kkc83 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Beyond Unit 5. My son's favorite part was the Treasure Hunt to introduce the Adventure Genre... and my "treasure" reveals why that was!! HA! http://schooltimesnippets.blogspot.com/ ... nit-5.html

caealday

Post by caealday » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:29 am

ourhsreviews

Post by ourhsreviews » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Christine
Wife to a wonderful husband {13 yrs} and mom to a beautiful daughter {10}
http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/
http://www.mythirtyone.com/103425/