Weekly Check-In 5/20/08

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Julie,
thanks for sharing your week with all 7 boys with us! It is wonderful to see cousins learning and growing together like that. I hope we get spend more time with the cousins when their school lets out for summer. Too bad they aren't homeschoolers too! :lol:

Marie1225

So impressed...

Post by Marie1225 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi there, Julie! I am new HOD and I am thrilled to be on this message board. Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pictures and experiences! I feel encouraged and challenged in a good way to make these years amazing for my boys and myself. Homeschooling is a gift that I want to make good use of while I have it.

In Christ,

Marie
May the Lord bless you in all that you do...

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu May 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Lee Ann - Thanks for your kind words, and I pray you have a refreshing summer, making good memories with the cousins. I know it takes stamina to homeschool when not everyone in the family is doing it, and I commend you for choosing to homeschool your children anyway. You really add a lot to this board LeeAnn, and I'm thankful you post here regularly because you have sound advice, and an encouraging heart. :)

Marie - Welcome to the HOD board, and I can tell from your kind post that you are going to fit right in here! So you have boys, just like I do? You'll understand what I mean then when I say how thankful I am that I have homeschooling to connect with them personally. My dh has oodles of ways he connects with our sons, but homeschooling is my primary way, and without it, I think I'd struggle with how to spend time with our sons in a meaningful, joyful way. I'm so glad that you are here, and please keep visiting here. We love to enlarge our HOD family!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri May 30, 2008 5:01 am

Julie - It's fun to see all of your students for the week! I bet your week was fun and load with all those boys!

Last week, we took some days off, so nothing to report here.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 pm

GASP! I was so worn out from staying up and playing at convention that I never checked in!

Julie- This was my all time favorite post of yours. (though I love all your posts) I LOVED the pictures and how you shared a story with each frame. Those two babies were so CUTE!

Momof2n2- I love learning about the underground railroad. Where is that museum? What a cute picture of your little boy!

I loved all of the check in's! Thank YOU for sharing your life here!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/