5-8-08 Weekly Check In

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

MamaMary

5-8-08 Weekly Check In

Post by MamaMary » Thu May 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu May 08, 2008 6:02 pm

This week was SAT's for my older two, so we really didn't 'do school'. We did paint, read, make scrapbook pages for our science notebook: about the ocelot, the white-tailed deer, and the baby leopard. It was fun, but we are looking forward to getting back to our history readings, our storytime, and the various science, art, and geography activities in Beyond....

I did have my youngest ds4 work in LHTH a bit. We learned today that Adam and Eve were made to leave God's beautiful garden! We jumped over the serpent (Daddy's belt! :D ) and talked about how Adam and Eve should have stayed away from the serpent. Shouldn't we all? A great lesson in how to live our lives! He was able to identify all of the 'A's and 'a's on the Hide & Seek alphabet page, and he enjoyed cutting out and gluing the tree to the Number 1 page. We listened to 'Two Trees' today, and though he didn't join in while the music was playing, I did hear him singing it later this afternoon, and giggling because he knew I heard him. :wink: He loves doing the movements to the fingerplay 'A-A-Adam'.It was fun, and didn't take much time. He's truly learning and I'm very happy!

MamaMary

Mary's Weekly Check In!

Post by MamaMary » Thu May 08, 2008 7:58 pm

We had a WONDERFUL week!

The boys had such a great time with their science experiments this week. Come visit our Pictures: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/529391/

I can't wait to read about all of your Week In Review!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Fri May 09, 2008 7:56 am

We had a great week too. Here is a link to my blog. Enjoy! :D

Gina

http://beandipblog.blogspot.com/2008/05 ... ew_09.html
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

mom2boys030507

Post by mom2boys030507 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:09 am

We had a good week. We finish unit 29 in Little Hearts. I am shocked that we got as much done this week as we have. My youngest turned 1 yesterday and it has been a week full of appoinments, unfortuantely next week is just as busy.

Bryce read Daniel's Duck at the end of last week and then he scuplted a puppy. It was finally dry this week so here is the finished project.
He had lots of fun making the puppy and painting him too.

This week we learned about the Star Spangled Banner. My children had to listen to me try to sing it. Bryce painted the American Flag with the fireworks around it.

Yesterday while we were out at garage sales I picked up some lace and trace trucks. The boys started playing with them in the car and Bryce said, "Look Mommy, I am sewing like Betsy Ross." It was very exciting to hear him remembering an old lesson.

Mary: The pictures of your boys is great. They all look so eager to get started.
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri May 09, 2008 8:32 am

Dear Bryce,

I love your puppy! He is so cute. You did a GREAT job :wink:

(Karen, I couldn't help myself. I thought that puppy was so cute!)

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri May 09, 2008 5:58 pm

We had a great week in LHFHG. Today was the last plague in Egypt. So Katie decided to draw it out with the blood on the door posts and a lamb with the people outside the house. I'm glad to see her being creative on her own. (Not that the activities included aren't good, we love them too.) Katie also enjoyed the Happy Phonics games we played. It's so great to see her enjoying learning since The Reading Lesson was not a hit at our house. The last few days, her handwriting has improved too. So all in all a great week.

Here's what I posted earlier on the main board:

I was able to show DD why we learn those verses in LHFHG since this week she's complaining she doesn't want to learn it because it's too long.

Our verse for the week is Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

Yesterday we were at our local grocery store and it was time to check out. So I dug into that special place in my bag that I hold my keys which also contains one of those store cards attached. That's when I realized that the keys weren't there. So I did a frantic search of my diaper bag. Still nothing. So I decided to retrace our steps thinking maybe DS got them out to play with. About halfway through our retracing, I remembered the verse this week. So we stopped, said a little prayer asking God to help us trust that He would direct us to where to look for the keys. I decided to do another calmer search of my diaper bag. And low and behold, there they were in another outside pocket. Later, DD and I were able to discuss the situation and what would have happened if I didn't find the keys. Then I was able to explain that because I had learned many Bible verses, I was able to remember them to help us during our every day life. I'm not sure she's entirely convinced yet, but she did stop to pray this morning to have God help her find her drawing that she lost.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

wdworkman

Keep posting!

Post by wdworkman » Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 am

I just wanted to let everyone know how much I enjoy your updates. We're starting Preparing in the Fall, but I love seeing everyone's weeks while I wait.

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Mon May 12, 2008 12:54 pm

we restarted today (Monday)

let's just say it'll take a few days to get back into routine :roll: :wink: :lol:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon May 12, 2008 6:43 pm

Ladies,

We're back from the convention in Arlington Texas, and I just wanted to pop-in and say how much I enjoyed reading about each of your weeks.

My hubby soldiered on with "Little Hearts...", "Bigger..." and "Drawn into the Heart...." while we were gone. He managed to do school with each of them and accomplished more than me! Maybe I should be gone more often! :lol:

Thanks for sharing about each of your precious kiddos. I'm looking forward to sharing about our week this coming Thursday. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie