Daily time for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

This folder contains helpful past threads about Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
justme

Daily time for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

Post by justme » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:48 pm

I'm looking at BLHFHG and it shows the daily time required is 120-150 minutes. Is this divided evenly between Learning through History and Learning the Basics?

The reason I ask is I already have the Math chosen and I'm trying to figure out how BLHFHG will figure into our schedule.

Thanks so much!

just me
(ds 6 1/2, planning to used BLHFHG starting in March.)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:18 pm

Last year when we used Beyond..., it took us about 45 min. or so most days to do the "Learning Through History"part of the plans. I tried to do that side of the plans in one sitting as time allowed.

The "Learning the Basics" part of the plans was pretty much broken down into the following time increments at our house:
Spelling = 10 minutes (Language Lesson every 5th day: 15-20 min.)
Copywork of poetry = 15 minutes
Storytime = 15-20 minutes (We read aloud only 1 chapter per day in our read-aloud, some moms do more)
Math = 20-30 minutes (often even less)
Drawn into the Heart of Reading = 30 minutes

I need to be up front in saying that I am a no-nonsense, check-it-off type teacher and don't stray far from the planned lessons, so these times can vary widely depending on whether or not you enjoy going off on bunny trails with your lessons.

The wonderful thing about our guides is that no matter what teaching style you are, you can tweak the program to work for your family. Being the no-nonsense type teacher, I need the "fun, hands-on activities" all planned out for me or they don't get done.

Hope that helps! Maybe some other moms can chime in with their general times for the subjects.

Blessings,
Carrie

justme

Post by justme » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Carrie,

I just want to tell you what a blessing it is to have this board. I appreciate you answering my questions. Your info is so helpful.

Blessings,
just me

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks! The board is a blessing to our family too. It helps us have a place to answer the many questions we receive but also a place to get to know many wonderful people and to come together to uplift each other!

I'm glad I could help a little. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:07 pm

We did BLHFHG last year, and our day fit the time increments Carrie described too. Hope you and your child have as much fun with it as we did!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie